Tuesday 22 February 2011

A day in the studio with Button

Late last year, I got an email from a model, Button saying she'd like to work with more models and would I like to arrange something with her? She is a lovely girl; I first met her a few years ago at one of the Brighton group shoots and she's now a friend of mine :)
We were lucky enough to have use of Graham Wood's Red Rose studio in the New Forest, and we had three great photographers for the day; Karen Jones, Riccardo de la Venetzia and Roland S.
Button and I worked independently at first, then joined towards the end of the day for some Calvin Klein-inspired shots.
It was a wonderful day and I would work with her again in a heartbeat, not to mention the other photographers. I had done several shoots with Karen prior to this one and also shot with Roland the week after these were taken, when I unfortunately had raging flu!

Anyway, here are a few from Riccardo on the day, (January 8th) all except second row / left and the last, which were taken by Roland. I decided to style a fringe for the shots where I coupled up with Button.

 

 



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Karen was particularly fond of the last set, judging by the number of images she edited!
The following are all taken by her. She has a very distinctive way of editing - sort of a vintage feel, which I adore. I especially love the tones in the sepia.

 

 




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous day which, for me, was organised at fairly short notice and involved rather a lot of driving but it was worth every mile of it.

    I look forward to working with Cheryl again in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw how lovely of you to leave such a nice comment Richard, I'm so glad you had a good day!
    I look forward to being in your part of the country again soon :)
    C x

    ReplyDelete